What you wear on your feet is the most important part of foot care. Many problems such as aches in your feet, ankles, knees, lower back and even your shoulders stem from the improper treatment of your feet. These pains are often caused simply by the style and fit of your shoes. A supportive shoe, combined with a proper shoe insert, will put your foot in its natural position for walking Oppblåsbare Spill, standing and training. By putting your foot in balance, the alignment of other joints will be improved.Bateaux gonflables
Some of the most common problems that affect your ability to walk are:
- Symptoms: Pain and tightness felt in the lower calf muscles, which may be more prevalent in the morning.
- Cause: Constant hill running, shoes with soft heel counters, shifting from dress shoes to running shoes.
- Solutions: Ice Massage, calf stretches, proper rest, softer running surface, update your shoes often, and arch supports.
- Symptoms: Aches are felt around the big toe and a noticeable lump at the first metatarsal joint. Usually the big toe angles toward the other toes abnormally.
- Cause: Hereditary, wearing shoes that are too tight across the ball of the foot.
- Solutions: Wear shoes with a wider toe area. Arch supports can help offload the pressure on the big toe.
- Symptoms: Pain on the outer hip area and near the buttocks muscles.
- Cause: Structural weaknesses, overuse and trauma (such as child birth, a fall, etc.)
- Solutions: Change your activities to adjust, use ice, massage and stretching. Good supportive shoes that will help absorb the ground impact.
- Symptoms: Pain, burning, tingling or numbness that occurs between the 3rd and 4th toes, and in the ball of your foot. Maybe caused by a growth around the nerves.
- Cause: Collapse of the arch, heredity, obesity and wearing shoes that are too tight.
- Solutions: A good supportive shoe with a roomy toe box and an arch support with a metatasal pad.
- Symptoms: Pain felt along the bottom of the foot from the heel to the arch. Often worse in the morning and at the end of the day.
- Cause: Common causes are standing for long periods of time, obesity, one leg longer than the other, unsupportive shoes, calf and achilles tightness.
- Solutions: Proper footwear, arch supports, night splints and a program of stretching.
- Symptoms: Pain felt often below the kneecap, which increases while walking up stairs, up hills or sitting for long periods of time.
- Cause: Flat feet, weak thigh muscles, insufficient rest between exercising, worn-out shoes.
- Solutions: Proper footwear, arch supports along with an ice massage.
- Symptoms: Sharp pain felt around the shin bone. Untreated shin splints can become painful stress fractures.
- Cause: Calf and achilles tightness due to lack of appropriate stretching before and after exercising. Also unsupportive or worn out shoes.
- Solutions: Ice massage, supportive shoes, arch supports can help the shin splints. To prevent them, stretch and make sure you are replacing your shoes every 400 – 500 miles, after that it’s your body that’s absorbing the impact, not the shoes.
For a free foot scan & gait analysis, call to set up an appointment. We have two locations: Riverside Plaza (951-682-1311) and Rancho Cucamonga (909-98-5555). Mention this article and get $10 off our regularly priced shoes.
Jerick Sobie, Board Certified Pedorthist
Lucky Feet Shoes