One of the most difficult and common effects of diabetes is foot problems. What you wear on your feet can greatly improve the health of your feet which in turn can help improve your overall health. Many problems such as aches in your feet, ankles, knees, lower back and even your shoulders stem from improper care of your feet and improper fitting shoes. And if you have diabetes, decreased sensitivity in your feet can even make you less aware of the source of these pains. A supportive shoe, combined with the proper insert, will put your foot in its natural position for walking and standing. By putting your foot in balance, the alignment of other joints will be improved. Lucky Feet Shoes in Riverside and Rancho Cucamonga is the leader in ensuring that you are properly fitted with shoes and inserts.
By following these suggestions and seeing a Lucky Feet Shoes Pedorthist, you can decrease the risk of injury and infection to your sensitive feet.
* Have your shoes fitted by a foot care specialist and make sure they feel comfortable at the time of purchase.
* See your physician regularly and have your feet examined during each visit.
* Inspect your feet daily for wounds and always check between your toes.
* Wash your feet daily and dry them carefully.
* Avoid extreme hot or cold. Test water with your hands or elbow before your bathe Inflatable Water Game.
* Inspect the insides of your shoes for foreign objects and rough areas that might cause blisters.
* Wear socks at all times especially if your feet get cold and specifically when you can, wear seamless socks specially made for diabetics.
* Walk barefoot.
* Soak your feet in hot water.
* Wear mended socks or socks with seams
* Use oil or cream between your toes.
* Wear thong sandals.
* Use chemical agents to remove corns or calluses.
* Cut corns or calluses yourself, see a physician.
* Cross your legs. This can cause pressure on the nerves and blood vessels.
Your feet will be extensively assessed paying special attention to the dynamic gait analysis as well as a computer scan of each foot. On average, staff professionals at Lucky Feet Shoesspend 30-45 minutes with each customer. Walk-ins are welcome but we suggest you contact us and call for an appointment to allow us to better serve you. If store hours are inconvenient for you, simply call for a private fitting before or after store hours.